- Historic wildfires shown on Risk Factor
- The methodology behind Fire Factor
- How are community wildfire risks determined?
- What data sources are used to determine community wildfire risk?
- Where does the information used to calculate home vulnerability come from?
- How past wildfire behavior was included in the model
- Where does the information on Fire Factor come from?
This section documents the methdological approaches used to create the First Street Foundation National Wildfire Model. This first nationwide behavior-based wildfire model represents the probability of wildfire risk at a given location based on surrounding vegetation, topography, and fire weather. It is based on decades of peer-reviewed research and predicts how wildfire risk will change over time due to changes in the environment.